As a dentist, you are always looking for ways to grow your practice and bring in new patients. However, marketing has become a complicated landscape to navigate, and there are many mistakes that dentists make that can be detrimental to their business. Here are five of the most common, deadly marketing mistakes to avoid.
- Not Analyzing Your Competitors: Before you can even begin to develop a successful marketing strategy for your practice, you need to analyze the competition. How much marketing are they doing? What type of digital footprint do they have? Are there any gaps in their offerings that you can capitalize on? Understanding your competitors’ marketing efforts is essential to developing a strategy that will help you stand out and bring in new patients.
- Asking the Wrong Questions: When it comes to marketing, it’s important to ask the right questions. Asking “What does it cost?” is not the best question to ask. Instead, ask, “What does it take to attract 20 more new patients a month?” You also need to ask questions about website ownership, plug-ins, and proprietary software. It’s essential to know exactly what you are getting and how it will help you reach your goals.
- Signing Long-Term Contracts: Many marketing companies try to lock you into long-term contracts. This is a mistake, as you can’t be sure you will get the results you need. It is best to put pressure on the marketing company to cancel contracts and only commit if you are confident they will deliver results.
- Overcomplicating Marketing Proposals: Many marketing companies try to make their proposals look as impressive as possible. However, they should be clearly laid out, with a high level of detail about the type of work being done and the expected results you can achieve. Don’t be fooled by companies that try to make you think you need everything they are offering. Make sure your marketing plan is tailored to meet your goals.
- Not Knowing What to Expect: Different marketing methods can achieve different results. For example, Google Ads are great for lead generation, while an educational video can help build your brand. Make sure you understand what each marketing method can do for your practice, and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Overall, marketing is a complex landscape that requires a customized approach for each practice. Before you commit to any marketing strategy, make sure you understand the competition, ask the right questions, and know what to expect from each marketing method. At Identity Dental Marketing, our team can create a custom plan designed to fit your individual needs and deliver the desired outcomes. Contact us today to schedule a complimentary marketing strategy session. https://identitydental.com/Grace/
Please visit The Dental Marketing Academy for more information and helpful topics on how to successfully market your dental practice. The Dental Marketing Academy