Maintaining your website should be something you do on a regular basis. While you’re likely diligent about making sure your services and specials are always updated, you may be slacking in another area–photographs.
Photographs of the doctors and team should be updated at least once a year. Having outdated photos is like holding onto an old driver’s license photo–you may like how you looked then, but it may not accurately representation of how you look today. But don’t stress–a great professional photographer will be sure to catch your ‘good’ side.
Don’t forget the office! Photographs of the office help new patients identify your location when visiting for the first time. So make sure that your website has photos of the exterior of the office. A few interior photos are great, too! Especially if you’ve done recent updates or upgrades. Office photos don’t necessarily need to be updated annually, but they should be kept updated to accurately represent how the outside of the office looks so new patients can easily find you. We recommend hiding the shiny instrumentation, though, as most patients already have some level of fear of the dentist.
Pictures Help SEO
Directory pages that have photographs actually get more traffic than those without. New patients visiting directory pages aren’t just reading reviews, they want to preview the office, too. So be sure to have professional photos that showcase the top features of the practice and accurately represent your brand.
The Dos and Don’ts
While updating your photos, be sure to follow some simple tips so that you, your team, and your office all look their best.
● Don’t wear loud prints. Do wear something that’s solid and neutral, ideally matching your brand colors.
● Don’t plan for the team to wear the exact same outfit. Do coordinate outfits to match a common color palette and style for a more cohesive, team look that still showcases everyone’s unique personality.
● Don’t have a busy or messy background behind you. Do take photos with a simple, neat background.
● Don’t overdo the hair and makeup. Do your hair and makeup as close to your normal look as you can (it’s okay to step it up a bit, just don’t go overboard).
● Don’t be too serious or stiff. Do relax and have some fun–your natural smile is always better than a forced “picture day” smile.
● Don’t skimp on your photographer. Do hire a professional photographer (with references). A pro will have all the proper equipment, ensure lighting is balanced, do all editing, and will make sure everyone looks their best.
● Don’t forget to book your next session. Do schedule an annual photoshoot to keep your website and team photos current.
If you haven’t updated your website photos in a while (or don’t have ANY), contact us today to schedule your complimentary marketing planning session or to discuss scheduling our professional photographer and videographer to come to you!